Friday, March 6, 2009

My Sojourn in hell, PART 1

It was just another morning for me in july'04, uncertain about what the future has in store for me, I got up at 11, Opened the AIEEE website, entered my roll no., and there i was looking at my admissions page, that i had been allotted VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, VELLORE, TAMIL NADU. Obviously back then, I had no damn clue that this place would make me the man I am today, it'll teach me the much needed lessons about life, and most importantly, make me meet some beautiful people who might seem larger than life, atleast to me, and who i proudly call 'MY FRIENDS'. As far as I am concerned, I am blessed. We were a group of special people with special abilites, we were a bunch of happy-go lucky SUPERHEROES, each of whom could spin a web around you, and by the time know it, it'll be too late!!!well, i am not here to boast about my friends, to tell you that i have the kinda people around which could make anyone jealous, to tell you that I dont think twice before ramming into a problem, coz i know somewhere they're there to pull me thru. I am not gonna tell you any of this. or may be i did tell you?? ah!!! typical me!! always so confused. I actually didnt realise I told you all of this.


Vellore
is an amazing place to be in, its one of the most developed cities in Tamil Nadu, and the day is not far that it'll be one of the most urbanised cities in India. Its just phenomenal, clean roads, people who're absolute fluent with their hindi, and always ready to help. There were people who would distribute phones to the needy students who didnt have phone. and the locals there make the city very safe, especially at night. The food in vellore would give you that out of world-ly feeling. and trust me, people in vellore are so mad about hindi movies, there are multiplexes every 2 kilometres with centralised a/c and reclining seats.


Just in case you're so dumb, and didnt realise, last paragraph was absolute bullshit!!!!
Well, Vellore is not city, Its a VILLAGE. People dont speak hindi and one has to manage with broken english there. There was a group of locals, who, at night would hide around in bushes, and beat up people for their phone, its one the most unsafe cities i have ever come across. the food is atrocious, and there was only one theatre in vellore which played hindi movies and that too with wodden seats, and a/c here is not an air-conditioner, it is an air-cooled system. so by the time the movie ended, one would not only be dripping with sweat, but also a strange kinda pain in da back side!!!


The college as well had some strict rules as per the CULTURE of the region!!! wearing the id cards was compulsory. One could talk to the opposite sex, but had to keep away from any physical contact. Barring a few, the teaching staff would try their best to create all the problems they can for a student. And trust me, they were experts at this, not too sure about the subject matter though. I had one teacher each semester, who would try his best to make things impossible for me. but there was only one winner every time, ME.
I lived in this place for 4 years, and trust me, i treasure every moment.
First year, I met a few special people and kept meeting em for the rest of my college life, and as life has it, I still meet em, and can kill to be with em. We would wear best of clothes, dress up, spend at least half an hour everyday admiring ourselves carrying a sparkle in our eyes, with a hope that someday someone would notice the style and attitude we carry!!! and everybody did, but for the wrong reasons!!!
For the first 3 months, i lived in a dorm. a dorm, which had about 50-60 beds, what a feeling it was waking up to a room with 60 ppl. there was always a strange kinda buzz there, which i enjoyed. what i didnt enjoy, was the fact that every morning I would wake up with people surrounding the bed next to mine, that person slept in a LUNGI, and in the morning the LUNGI would not be covering the part it should be covering!!!! nd somehow, a few people enjoyed looking at it!! I mean you're here coz thats there!!! how weird can people get!! the dorm i thght was the place to be, obviously not because i enjoyed lookin at ppl's !!!!!
I still remember 4-5 of us sitting in a room, listening to songs of the movie LOC wid tears in our eyes. we all missed HOME. nd we missed it badly.
by the end of the first sem, we knew who would stick around in the toughest times coz we had seen em. suddenly, from boys, most of us became men. We were together, for the fact that not only we had laughed together, but also cried together. things happened and we were famous in the college. not for the right reasons of course. the best part of course was that the girls we would dressed up for had already started giving us strange looks. thinking to themselves ' GOONDA BOYS!!! DIRTY ELEMENTS of the SOCIETY'.
On the whole I felt that this was one of the most formitive times for us.
as i come to the end of the first part of 'My Sojourn in Hell', I have a strange kinda feeling, I am lil numb, and am smiling thinking bout the good ol' days. and i already feel a something trickling down my eyes. I wish I could relive the good ol days. I so wish so.!!!



Thanking you
Your SUPERHERO!!!
PS: watch this space for more!!! picture abhi baaki hai mere dost, i know that was sad, cant help it.m known for these things.

5 comments:

  1. Dude tht Lungi thing was too much man..tht was hilarious..i remember Sexy ch*t used to gather ppl around and he was the first one every morning to see tht guy..lolzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. our man... abhinaw bhargav. summarizin the vit years.. pretty good stuff. worth a read

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... welcome to the post-vit life my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.... superhero???? mojo jojo or the chimpman maybe lol... nice post tho .... love you man ... call you today for sure rofl ...

    ReplyDelete